Monday, September 21, 2009

How I Visited the Philippines on $200

I had never dreamed of visiting the Philippines, and as far as that goes, if you would have asked me to name different places in the world that I wanted to visit, it probably would have never been on the list.

So how is it, you wonder, that I ended up spending 18 days in this "Third World Country"? It was through a business associate and friend who needed help with his business.

He offered to pay for my flight plus free room and board if I would come to the Philippines and give the job a whirl.

The city was Angeles City, the township Balibago. The business, The Donald Paul Apartelle.

During my trial run, we opened a nice ladies boutique, a cantina, set up some outdoor lights and put flags on the building exterior from 45 different countries.

All in all, it was definitely an interesting experience, but I think Angeles City is more of a town for single men.

No comments: