Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Memory of the Stockyards

I was just remembering the first time I went to the Fort Worth Stock Yards. It was a warm day in November. That's right. That's how nice the weather is in the southwest. It was in the mid 70's and I got to take my first ride on a bull.

Now, you must be wondering how I got up the nerve to ride a bull. Well, it wasn't hard, considering it was a 'Grandpa' bull with a Santa Claus hat. LOL It was a great experience and the bull barely moved the whole time.

I also remember that was the first time that I ever seen a stampede. Similarly, it was very mellow. You could stand on the sidewalk and watch the bulls being rustled through the Stockyards of Fort Worth.

For anyone who likes to see something unique but also likes to travel on a budget, I would definitely suggest Fort Worth, Texas.

"May all of your travels be....Lots of fun, and mostly free!" - Michelle Moore

No comments: