Saturday, June 21, 2008

Always Make the Call

This week I searched the internet for affordable hotel rates. Planning to go to Myrtle Beach the weekend before the 4th of July, trying to find the very best rates for the best hotle on the ocean seemed a bit challenging.

After searching 100's of web sites (no joke) and some them multiple times, I finally decided which hotel I was going to stay. The rate on the hotel's web site was a little more than the best deal I had found, so I decided to make the call.

You would not believe what I found....By calling the hotel direct, the rates were $20 cheaper than the rates posted on their web site. And $14 dollars cheaper per night than any other web site.

With tax, my total for 3 nights, Thursday thru Sunday is $219.77! That's right, oceanfront, what a great deal!

Now I know, Always Make the Call!

1 comment:

ShellyH said...

I agree 100% with that! We travel alot and we do look online...find a hotel we like and call them up and ask them for their best deal. This past May we went to Ocean City NJ...we wanted a nice hotel and a good deal and ocean front with a heated pool. We found 2 online that we liked. I called hotel #1...got a quoate for $209 for 3 nights...so then I called hotel #2 and got their deal, I told them I would call back because hotel #1 offered me a better deal. They asked me what hotel #1 offered us and they bettered the deal by a free night! So at hotel #2 we booked 4 nights for $195 so always shop around, call direct and don't be afraid to tell them what other hotels offered you!